Other Opportunities to Help
Sponsor a piece of Lace
The Lace Museum runs entirely on volunteers and donations! Your time and money are important to the museum. There are several enjoyable opportunities at the museum right now.
Also check out the Volunteer Match site Please call 408-730-4695 to volunteer!
Many Hands Make Light Work!!
Museum Wish List:
- Donations to purchase magazine advertising
- We now have an Amazon WishList - We now have a great place to keep track of the things we need at the museum. Our Amazon Wishlist is where friends and supporters can buy and donate what we really need. Thank you for taking a look.
These are jobs that can be shared with others by setting up a rotation roster or choosing a specific event or workshop to coordinate. You need not be a lace maker to help. Please consider donating a bit of your time to the museum or, perhaps, finding an acquaintance who could use the satisfaction of being a volunteer.
- IT Person - The museum has a main computer, which needs to have monthly maintenance such as updates and cleanup done to keep it running optimally. We also have a few small laptops which each perform specific tasks such as processing credid cards, running looped DVD's, etc.
- Lace demonstrators - click here for places and times
- We would be grateful to every lace maker who would make a bookmark or ornament or snowflake in any lace type to sell in our gifts hop. All of our museum expenses are paid with the generous donations from our friends and income from our gifts hop and workshops.
- Development Associate - Work with the board to create fund raising opportunities for the museum. Keep records on fund raising events, donors, and donations using GiftWorks software. Assist board members in finding new donors and fostering lasting relationships with past donors. 4 - 16 hours per month, some work can be done from home. Reports to Museum Director.
- Collection Storage Assistant - Assists with the museum collection. Arranges lace, embroidery and costumes neatly in boxes. Helps with inventory of boxes and collection. Willing to learn to catalog items in collection including learning to identify different types of lace. 4 – 16 hours per month. Training provided. Reports to Collections Manager.
- Photographer’s Assistant - Assists with data entry on a computer and photographing lace. Basic photography and computer experience needed. 4 – 16 hours per month. Reports to Museum Director.
- Exhibition installation and design help - 3 times a year, the exhibit changes at the museum. This is a fun time to really get to know the collection as the old exhibit comes down and gets put away, and the new one goes
up. Have you ever wanted to be a window dresser? Do you have a talent with words and would like to write up descriptions of the objects on display? Would you like to research an exhibit topic and create
visitor information for a show? Come work with staff on one show or on all of them. We need another design team for an upcoming display.
- Sample Books - The museum has a large number of lace samples. These are fragments, medallions, and bits of lace that need to be organized into books or displays that will help to inform museum visitors about all the types of lace. Ideally we would like to create one set that stays at the museum and one that can travel to fairs, exhibitions and demonstrations. This is an opportunity that can be partially done at home.